Friday, July 13, 2012

KoMF Prompt


Today is the 13th of the month which means, it's time to reveal the prompt for the Knights of MicroFiction!  It's a blog hop hosted by me and Jess on the 15th of every month (except April, because the A-Z Challenge makes things crazy!). We came up with it as a way to meet new friends, help build the blogging community and (hopefully) spark your creativity!


To join in, just post your entry before the end of the 15th (midnight EST) and leave a comment on this post with your post link.  Then go check out as many entries as you can.  By the 17th we will choose two winners to be featured on our blogs. 


Ok here it is:


In 200 words or less write a flash fiction using the phrase:  The sky darkened...
then for an added challenge include a sound that surprises one of your characters and a foul smell.


Have fun!  I can't wait to read what you come up with! 


Kathy :)

12 comments:

  1. Dark sky, lightning bolt, sizzled person.
    I bet the entries are much more original than that though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at Alex. :) It's bad timing for me sadly as I don't really get to write at the weekend and I'm having a few days off... never know though! Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex- You sure say a lot in a very few words! :)

    Nick- That's ok, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh.. this one sounds interesting! I'll try best to participate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, my post is up
    http://sallys-scribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent idea. Just popped by to say that I've finally got myself into gear and posted up the response to your very kind booker award. Thanks... hmmm 200 words max. Shouldn't be too difficult... I may return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reading my RFW post. I like the sound of another flash fiction prompt. I'll have a go...I hope you have a go posting for us too. D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I enjoyed this little exercise. My entry is here:

    http://laussieswritingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/knights-of-microfiction-city-of-dark.html

    To make it easier, why don't you use a linky? If you click on the 'inlinz' link at the submit part of our RFW linky, you can make your linky there. Or just go to inlinz.com. It is free. If you need any further help, ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine is up at http://carrieannebrownian.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/knights-of-microfiction-flickering-hope/. The setting and subject matter might be considered depressing, but it's one of the historical eras I'm most familiar with writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have decided to become a fellow knight. My undead Texas Ranger, Captain Samuel McCord, has taken up the challenge ... but in a gentlemanly way ... for someone undead that is. :-)

    Here is the link:
    http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/2012/07/knights-of-micro-fictionhow-young-can.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. With a little time to spare I am finding these challenges quite entertaining good luck with yours and here is the link for my piece of nonsense http://boy-hood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/stresses-and-strains.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's my entry:
    http://esther-ijustlivehere.blogspot.com/2012/07/thunderstorm.html

    ReplyDelete